Mentor Madness

Era only content!
Maniek

Mentor Madness

Post by Maniek » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:45 am

Hey guys, Arielle here to open up a discussion about mentor perks. Things have changed a bunch since I started a few years ago, but the mentor crew is holding strong. I've seen / talked with a bunch of mentors on Era, and many ask me about different perks that are available. Many ask about what they can get at 75, and the answer is not a whole lot currently. But I am hoping to change that and see if we can justify all your hard work with something cool, but reasonably not over powered. So here is my suggestion, and I invite all players to give some input as to how we can maybe make something better from this. For now I am just spitballing some ideas.

Mentor Custom Endgame Gear:

So I noticed that equipment from the mini-expansions of retail 75 are not currently available as the missions are not coded. I thought this might be a good place to start. Here are some of the pieces of gear from those missions that I thought would be neat to offer as milestone rewards.

Nuevo Coselete, Mirke Wardecors, Royal Redingote -> A Crystalline Prophecy
Champion's Galea, Anwig Salade, Selenian Cap -> A Moogle Kupo d'Etat
Blitzer Poleyn, Desultor Tassets or Tatsumaki Sitagoromo -> A Shantotto Ascension

Here's where I could use your help! These pieces allow for up to two different augments according to wiki, and so I think that if people would indeed be excited to see these available that there should be a specific way of not only getting the base piece, but also to augment them. The simplest way I can see would be to just make it crour based as with the other augments, but some diversity would be nice. Afterall, you've exp'd enough as a mentor already.

I'll add more on this as I think of some cool things, but I wanted to get it on the floor and see what people think. Thanks all, ping me in game @arielle or Maniek on discord if you wanna talk through some stuff =)