Why

You know....For things that are...General
n0pax

Re: Why

Post by n0pax » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:59 pm

I normally don't post on the forums but I skimmed this thread and figured I should throw in my two cents.

I totally understand both viewpoints and respect them both. I get why it was removed and I agree with that logic, the rings basically equal out the loss of the Exp buff. I get people are mad because the rings are different and not quite as good.

My only addition to this discussion is: the absolute most important part of FFXI is having players. It is like an online Fps game, if the game has nobody online, players will not play it. Having a population trumps all. Nasomi and Eden are both 1x and have the player advantage on Era. Era's niche is as a comparative "easy mode" server to those. I feel we can all agree on this.

Given that information, why are changes being made that new players perceive as making Era more difficult? Era's niche is easier, moving towards Nasomi in any way seems il advised because no matter what we do, Nasomi's player advantage trumps all.

Era needs to be avoiding Nasomi and cherishing its role in the FFXI private server system, not stepping out of its lane and moving towards other servers by giving players the perception it is getting "harder".

Just my two cents from an observer without a real horse in the race. My only concern with this topic is the well being of the server.

Death

Post by Death » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:08 pm

Enko wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:26 am
The removal without consultation makes me feel that I am not valued
This server is not made for you to feel valued. It's made to recreate what we had 10+ years ago without the MASSIVE grind. This server does that hands down. I didn't have time to read through this entire thing, but again sorry if someone has already said this, the moogle xp buff was never meant to be permanent. End of story.

How about we change the conversation to, hey admin do you think we might get the xp buff back for any upcoming xp weekends or long holidays?

Knowone
Admin/Dev
Admin/Dev

Post by Knowone » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:16 am

I could see it coming for special events. Holiday weekends or something

Death

Post by Death » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:31 am

Knowone wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:16 am
I could see it coming for special events. Holiday weekends or something
Thanks!

Jayku

Post by Jayku » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:27 pm

After reading Jedi's response regarding the detailed information on the rings I understood this entire thing SOOOO much better. I think the biggest issue here is communication. Unless a lot of us, including myself, missed a communication or announcement, I think if an explanation like the one Jedi provided would have been communicated to the Era community a lot of confusion and backlash could have been avoided, regardless of the feelings associated with the changes.

With that being said, and me not being exactly excited about the changes (kind of butt-hurt, honestly) I have a tremendous amount of respect for both the Era community and the Era admin team. This server is freaking incredible. Hats off to everyone on the Admin team who continually work to make this an awesome place, and to the community for being overall awesome people to appreciate it alongside.

<3

Rogal

Post by Rogal » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:41 am

Enko wrote:
I don't think I will be the last to say enough is enough and leave, I'm sure you can hear the rumblings, but in honesty it is the ones who don't talk about it and just stop playing on Era I would be more worried about if I were part of admin.
Tbh I'm pretty much one of those. Wasn't going to say anything til I saw this post. Haven't played in about a month I'd say. Real life got in the way for a few weeks, then an IRL friend told me about the moogle buff disappearing and I kinda just lost all enthusiasm to come back. Don't get me wrong, I'm not super salty and mad at the admins or anything, I'm just a dad of four and I run my own business, and it was really nice to be able to accomplish something as far as leveling goes, by myself, in the meager amount of time I have to play.

noodles

Post by noodles » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:43 pm

Admin's and GMs defending this move against players criticizing it and acting like it was a personal attack is pretty much how you'd expect it to go on ERA. Changes aside, I love the admins and gms and how they interact with the players ingame. I initially came to ERA from a couple friends recommending it to me due to the ease on the grind and it was great to get to endgame quickly and efficiently without the life stealing mess that launch FFXI was all those years ago.

Lets get down to brass tax, this change, along with some other changes in the past benefit no one and hurt or annoy quite a bit of the playerbase that was left. I haven't played in months but this really makes coming back to ERA all the harder to consider. Trying to be more like Nasomi is a mistake and you will realize that sooner or later.

Enko

Post by Enko » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:23 am

Death wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:08 pm
Enko wrote:
The removal without consultation makes me feel that I am not valued
This server is not made for you to feel valued. It's made to recreate what we had 10+ years ago without the MASSIVE grind. This server does that hands down. I didn't have time to read through this entire thing, but again sorry if someone has already said this, the moogle xp buff was never meant to be permanent. End of story.
Can't agree with the first part I am afraid, all the player base should be appreciated, especially on a server with so few players. Also, the trite comment regarding whether is was meant to be permanent or not is not the issue, whether the majority of the users found the Moogle useful and good for their game is. I felt that dropping the actual effect to that of rings would have been a better move, but that's just me.
Both comments smack of the reaction to complaints by some management.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but respect for the admins, especially KnowOne, who dedicates WAY too much time making Era what it is. I have helped from time to time of course, I got the fishing working and spent weeks testing as well as a few other bits of script to do my bit for the server so I know what it takes for them to keep this running.

All of this is academic now as I have stopped playing, but my views still stand, and should matter, as should the view of every active player in Era.

Enko