Why

You know....For things that are...General
Jedi

Re: Why

Post by Jedi » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:41 am

Might of been mentioned.

E X P Rings are now 99% more useful. Before you would only pop them when you were to lazy to warp back to town to remooglebuff.

You can obtain the normal EXP rings from gate guards and also replenish them by trading them to gate guards. Unique E X P rings cannot be replenished by gate guards (unless it was recently changed)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unique EXP Rings.

Allied Rings have a 3% drop rate from every normal mob in La Vaule S. As a THF, you will obtain one pretty fast.
Anniversary Ring, Obtained from the NM of the week custom quest started in Rulude Gardens AH.
Kupofriend's Ring, obtained from helping a group complete Promy Vahzl if your character is already past that mission. You will have to trade the "Martial Ball Invite" you obtain from completing the Promy Vahlz BCNM Fight to the NPC "Tsugumi" in Rulude Gardens, who is pretty close to the MH entrance..

Anni and Kup give 100% exp rate which is the same as moogle buff. The Allied ring gives 150% rate. which is stronger... Couple of the gate guard rings give 75% I believe and the lesser one is 50%. So players still have options to BOOST their EXP rate. Newer players still get the exp buff from the moogle for their first lvl 75, so that's nice for new players not having to worry about exp rings the first go around. Most players level up thief first, which is the smart thing to do. Than you can go farm La Vaule S for some good loots. Theres plenty more that drops off those mobs than just the Allied Ring.

I'll add the EXP ring rant to my welcome to era guide. EXP rings were a fun idea Square Soft did correctly, I think this change is fine and people are overreacting. I overreacted a bit when I first heard about it. Once I took a breath and looked at all the information, it makes total sense. EXP rings are kind of fun to utilize and use in the game, and its not like we're taken away tons of exp away from players. The 4x is still here, and the exp rings increases it further acting as the Moogle Buff.

One fault. We could of made a post on the forums giving out information and a detailed reasoning to why the Admins made this decision, so the players would be able to see all the facts and information straight off the bat. I can take the bullet for that one, since iv been basically mia for a long time now.

oban

Post by oban » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:24 am

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. My comments derive from experiences I have had. Shinra / Kupo / MHMU / Legion

What I have said does however come from "us" the "player base". It's being said, by many. So please hold your insults. They are not helpful nor well received.

Again, I urge caution when making bigger decisions. Which this was, as a significant part of the leveling experience here at ERA. Contrary to what I know you believe.

Anyone who knows me can tell you a Maat's cap is not a priority of mine (No, grinding exp for the 5th time doesn't exactly excite me). But developing friendships or even friendly rivalries is. Watching the servers I have enjoyed dissolve has been a great disappointment. Fear of that happening yet again is why I even made this thread. So please trust me when I say that angering the staff is not my intent. I especially do not wish to discourage you from continuing this body of work. Which it is. Work. That you all perform freely (donations aside). I'm sure threads such as this make you feel unappreciated. I understand that. What is said by me isn't meant to threaten or belittle. Only to hopefully give perspective. So I apologize if offense was taken.

I thank you for what you do. Understand that my only hope is that for once a server lasts.

I will not post again.

Ryzan

Post by Ryzan » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:41 am

A gut reaction? Its not a gut reaction, its 100% true that there is no forseeable upside to you removing it. Your giving maybes and possibilities without actually giving any info, just basically "Trust us". Even though you guys don't communicate with the player base about big changes which should be a KEY thing, so how can we "trust you", and a HUGE portion of the player base lost their minds on this change, even now in social its goaded at. Thats why he said WE, don't play games and act like he is wrong and yes, us always having it because it was an extremely positive thing to the server, is a perfectly reasonable response to keeping it. EXP rings are not a good replacement, we now have to get them all because of no buff, and thats atleast 5 inventory spaces we need to use instead of just getting a buff that everyone enjoyed, not to mention some of the rings don't even last a half hour, and like I said this only hurts the new people. The problem here is that this is the only post, because most know it will make no difference, you gm's are like NO WE ARENT CHANGING IT BACK, and you really think people are gonna come in and voice an opinion when the gms straight don't care to talk about it lol. I will say it again, these decisions you guys make, effect US WAY more then it effects you and maybe JUST MAYBE, you should talk to your player base about huge changes. Will that happen? Probably not, Era has rarely/never done it, and will likely rarely/never do it.

Ryzan

Post by Ryzan » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:47 am

Also, dont take this as not being appreciative of what you guys do. I am and always will be, however, without the player base, no one would be. So it kinda of makes sense to communicate with them big changes intended and whether or not they are actually a good idea. Which means, on some stuff, alot of the player base may not like it. Communication is key to running anything.

Run_Away

Post by Run_Away » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:11 am

Gut Reaction:
"something that you feel or believe strongly without stopping to think about it"

On day one people were quick to go WTF you removed the exp buff... its the end of the world.. not day two not even 12 hours into the change to see how worse the exp actually is. Within 5 mins of learning of the exp buff being removed for non new players they came in crying "think of the new players"

so yes that was literately a gut reaction.

I return to this thread in hopes of seeing something along the lines of... After partying for the last 24 hours I have noticed a drop in my exp rate of 60k exp per hour to 40k exp per hour, Now while 40k exp per hour is still nice the 20k less per hour results in roughly 10 levels per day or idk 15 merits a day that I lose out on. Even though I would like to see the upside of having to spend 15 hours longer to get HP merits capped, I do not. If you intention was to have people leveling longer in hopes for EXP parties to exist more often, it has actually had the opposite affect where now people are less inclined to level because they do not have active EXP rings to use.

Instead the only complaints put forward are

I need to have 5 more slots for all these EXP rings, I have to invest time into getting exp rings, No one talked to me thus its clear the admins hate all the players and want us all to quick because they wont tell me everything all the time. (even though multiple Admins/GMs have admitted fault in the roll out of the change)

What I find to be golden is to read here from you is " you gm's are like NO WE ARENT CHANGING IT BACK" I could be wrong but I have yet to see a post that says stop talking about this because we are not changing it back... I could have missed it however, I keep reading this thread because if a player provides some actual valid points beyond its always been this way, and QoL I would actually consider restoring it to all players... despite the fact that is essentially changes the exp rate of our server because with no effort players get double the exp from exp mobs.

Things made worse by having the perma buff... ALL EXP rings, faster exp parties = less exp parties, New players come along and need to create 5 alts because others dont need to exp as often.
Things made better by having the perma buff... newer players can reach 75 at a faster pace to do end game content a little faster, everyone else can bring other jobs up faster to try out other end game roles.

Decision: Remove buff from players that have essentially reached end game so other things can happen, while still leaving the effect for new players so they can still get to end game faster

Techsh0t

Post by Techsh0t » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:38 am

I figure a reply from a player in the middle is due. I'm no veteran but have been around for about a year off and on.

1. I don't want to make assumptions but there is also always that chance of promoting a "Double XP Weekend". This would make for planning among people to want to exp that weekend and thus having more parties going.

2. I feel everyone's gut reaction was "WTF that sucks!!!" but like you said the 4x exp is still great. You still get 1k+ off birds in East Ron_S, Wajaom, and Bhaflau.

3. If you don't want to spend the time leveling and want everything handed to you, I believe you have picked the wrong server. (Enko has a great guide on making your own).

4. I also assume that everyone who is around played retail FFXI back when they had the time to invest in leveling and now as time has gone by everyone has less time and more responsibility. 4x exp makes up for that in my honest opinion.

5. My only complaint is the lack of forewarning and knowledge but Jedi has covered the lack of communication and it does not need re-addressed. And the most recent Server Update post is a good step forward.

I look forward to the things to come and I actually enjoy being on a server that is very proactive with improving its server. Normal pathing mobs have been a welcome surprise and the server stability has been amazing. As well as Assaults and more to come.

Ryzan

Post by Ryzan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:06 am

Yes, because communication is awful so of course I would continuously bring it up, and me saying NO WE ARENT BRINGING IT BACK is literally almost a direct quote from another gm, with the caps bein an exaggeration. Obviously there is going to be a massive difference in xp, case and point, Empress, Emperor and the third one forget name, last and all of 30 mins into xp each, I know I've used them and dropped them cause they were essentially terrible, Allied ring is great and anni ring are great nice long good buffs to xp. Better then the xp buff we had, the thing with the xp buff was it lasted a nice long time and it was something we could get immediately and use for merits. Also again, not a gut reaction, because the rings have always been here and alot of us have used them because of the "dont want to go back and get buffs" and know that the difference is pretty big because the 3 from the conquest npc are not great at all. This is my point on the note that you guys make changes and are out of touch with how it effects the playerbase, I am giving you my literal experience with 3 of the rings, and they don't compare. If they lasted longer they would be great, but they don't cause you max out their xp bonus very quickly even at low lvls. So yes everyone did go why! This is bad! Because frankly, it was never a negative thing, you say cons are people leveling to fast and lower lvl people have to make alts to xp, that doesn't mean once they reach 75 they can't stop with those alts and use their main. Personally I suggest everyone has an alt, but even today I was lvling with people who only use 1 char and know quite a few who choose to only have 1 char, even before the buff was removed. Its not difficult and the lvling has been so much more active the last few weeks as the dunes is basically always in use. What I am saying is the cons do not outweigh the pros, the biggest aspect of this game, is the endgame, if anyone is looking for that lvling experience they make a mentor, the whole point of being on Era for alot of people is being able to do what they couldn't on retail, and the nice easy lvling helped people get jobs they could of never had before.

Run_Away

Post by Run_Away » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:18 am

Ryzan wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:06 am
Yes, because communication is awful so of course I would continuously bring it up, and me saying NO WE ARENT BRINGING IT BACK is literally almost a direct quote from another gm, with the caps bein an exaggeration. Obviously there is going to be a massive difference in xp, case and point, Empress, Emperor and the third one forget name, last and all of 30 mins into xp each, I know I've used them and dropped them cause they were essentially terrible, Allied ring is great and anni ring are great nice long good buffs to xp. Better then the xp buff we had, the thing with the xp buff was it lasted a nice long time and it was something we could get immediately and use for merits. Also again, not a gut reaction, because the rings have always been here and alot of us have used them because of the "dont want to go back and get buffs" and know that the difference is pretty big because the 3 from the conquest npc are not great at all. This is my point on the note that you guys make changes and are out of touch with how it effects the playerbase, I am giving you my literal experience with 3 of the rings, and they don't compare. If they lasted longer they would be great, but they don't cause you max out their xp bonus very quickly even at low lvls. So yes everyone did go why! This is bad! Because frankly, it was never a negative thing, you say cons are people leveling to fast and lower lvl people have to make alts to xp, that doesn't mean once they reach 75 they can't stop with those alts and use their main. Personally I suggest everyone has an alt, but even today I was lvling with people who only use 1 char and know quite a few who choose to only have 1 char, even before the buff was removed. Its not difficult and the lvling has been so much more active the last few weeks as the dunes is basically always in use. What I am saying is the cons do not outweigh the pros, the biggest aspect of this game, is the endgame, if anyone is looking for that lvling experience they make a mentor, the whole point of being on Era for alot of people is being able to do what they couldn't on retail, and the nice easy lvling helped people get jobs they could of never had before.
Thank you for your feedback Ryzan, I am sorry that one of the gms gave that response because, nothing is ever permanent on this server. Given proper feedback and a solid argument anything can change. Noting that I believe said GM/ADMIN may have been having a gut reaction to the immediate outcry of the change (however, I cannot verify that).
What I dont want you to get from this reply is that nothing is going to change. In fact things will be changing and the end result may see the buff back to all players (too early to tell).
The more players come here to talk about, their experiences of the change and give constructive feedback on the change the more the devs have to work with.

I want to emphasis the argument of "it has been there for like forever" is not constructive feedback. Because we want to change stuff to make the WHOLE server better (not just one aspect), because that same reason can be used on other things like... "dont add salvage its been broken forever and adding it will mean I cant get this salvage item the non salvage way". So please I encourage people to come in here and talk about the change and what it has meant for you the players in regards to experience parties. I know how lower parties level up (mostly using books) so how many of you level without any pages. What have you noticed in those aspects. Dunes parties from level 20-24 where the majority of the exp is actually the page will be less impacted by the change than 12-19 where the mobs still give a lot of exp.

Jedi

Post by Jedi » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:17 am

Chariot band is pretty good. 15 min cool down, 10k max exp bonus with 75% bonus rate, which is 25% less than the moogle I believe. I only had to pop one charge out of about 30-40k exp or maybe more I forget if I got 2 levels or 1. It was a Lvl Sync party, we went from lvl 25 to around 38 I believe. I'll have to do more testing tomorrow, but so far it seems fine.

Emperor band is 50% bonus rate with 30k max bonus exp. This is the ring you use if your high//drunk as fuck and will forget to re add your ring buff. For the most part, everyone will be using Chariot plus the other better rings you can obtain.

From lvl 1-75 the chariot band almost compares to the moogle buff, sure you have to put a tad more effort at keeping the buff up and you lose out on 25%, but you still gain 75%. To say it doesn't compare is just wrong and not correct.

For merits. Well I want to see how much I have to spam the Chariot in a really fast party. I'm going to guess not having the moogle buff will hurt hard core merit parties the most, and this is where your argument should be. Even so, you can still use bands for merits, you just have to spam them a bit more.

We already have the QoL 4x rates. Yes some of the QoL got taken away, but not all of it, exp rings do exist and it only takes a little effort to make use of them. I'm not going to lie, it felt good seeing other players and my self using exp bands in the party I was in last night.

Enko

Post by Enko » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:26 am

Hi folks, just a brief note to you all.

I don''t think it was a good idea to remove the buff, I don't think the reasons for not discussing with the player-base are valid and I cannot find any reason (sorry the "it was broken" doesn't work or you would be wiping half of the Era custom stuff) for removing it.

The removal without consultation makes me feel that I am not valued and that's the main reason I decided to take the break. I am messing about on another server, but not to any great extent.

I don't think I will be the last to say enough is enough and leave, I'm sure you can hear the rumblings, but in honesty it is the ones who don't talk about it and just stop playing on Era I would be more worried about if I were part of admin.

Anyway thanks for the ride, it was fun for a time.

Best regards
Enko, Enkoh, Nastyboi and Nastygel