You know....For things that are...General
Castor
Donator
Donator

Re: Normalization of Donation Weaponskills

Post by Castor » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:40 pm

iienji wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:25 pm
Might as well go back to Random's PTW setup if you're donating just to get things.
Apples and oranges.

Random was offering insane gear for rmt so he could pay his bills.

A few weaponskills and cosmetic items for sale that will not make nor break anyone is a far cry from purchasing augmented relic weapons, kraken clubs, 108 level crafts and more insane game breaking stuffs!

Run_Away

Post by Run_Away » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:23 pm

Can we introduce loot boxes where you could get those sweet rewards but you know 99.7% of the time you get a exp ring and 50 gil?

iienji

Post by iienji » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:16 pm

Still not a fan of donations to get things. Especially stuff like the chocobo whistle which isn't possible for most players to get as there aren't any ways to obtain X Eggs, and even if there were/are, it would likely take so much effort that that $5 price tag might just be appealing. Sure it's not as game breaking as selling kraken clubs, but it's still manipulative and still wrong. Just because genocide is terrible doesn't make murder good.

Death

Post by Death » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:26 pm

iienji wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:16 pm
Still not a fan of donations to get things. Especially stuff like the chocobo whistle which isn't possible for most players to get as there aren't any ways to obtain X Eggs, and even if there were/are, it would likely take so much effort that that $5 price tag might just be appealing. Sure it's not as game breaking as selling kraken clubs, but it's still manipulative and still wrong. Just because genocide is terrible doesn't make murder good.
comparing murder and choco whistles to each other is a bit of a stretch lol. Also there have been plenty of FREE choco whistle giveaways.

iienji

Post by iienji » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:43 pm

It was meant to analogize the idea that something horrible to a lesser degree is still bad. If you failed to recognize that then I'm sorry. Again paying for k clubs is horrible but paying for ws's and choco whistles is still bad.

Also just because they used to be available for free doesn't amend that they currently are not. A person who is new and wasn't around for the giveaways might still be expected to have one for endgame events. Not to mention the collection of mounts cannot happen until one possess said whistle. Just because it's not extreme P2W doesn't make it not P2W.

Death

Post by Death » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:00 pm

iienji wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:43 pm
but paying for ws's and choco whistles is still bad.
In the end it helps the server. If these things were crazy priced I could see where you are coming from but they are very cheap and help run the server.
iienji wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:43 pm
Also just because they used to be available for free doesn't amend that they currently are not. Just because it's not extreme P2W doesn't make it not P2W.
I mentioned the free thing because it was relevant. Point to that being, we could always ask, Hey admin is there any free chocobo weekends coming up on the horizon by chance?

Castor
Donator
Donator

Post by Castor » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:09 am

Almost every major holiday there is a choco whistle giveaway.

Also players sometimes gift a whistle for someone who needs if they are a part of an egls or something to that effect. There was a long time where I didnt have the means of getting a whistle and mine was a gift from a friend.

That being said, donation rewards aren't required to succeed. They are a luxury that gives you more options. Donation weaponskills were coded wrong from the intended idea and did give people an edge but working the right way, they give you more ways of opening and closing skillchains.

I know where you are coming from but this free to play server still costs money to operate and isnt fair for one person to cough up the money to pay server expenses just so everyone can play. And in a roundabout way, think of it like retail. SE charges money for profit to play so if you get technical about it that is the same as "paying to be able to win". And the way that the donations are handled keeps SE from shutting the server down because they dont want to see their property being sold. I am not exactly sure what their stance is on private servers at the moment. But that was at least the way it was back when the idea was implemented here.

Jedi

Post by Jedi » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:42 pm

All right. Mithras, Tarus, and any other race come sit around by the fire. Old Ckay has a horror story to share with you all.

On a fullmoon darksday double fire weather night, a genocidest(I made that one up my self) mass murdering maniac started black marketing Chocobo Whistles in the back alleys of Jeuno. This unspeakable horrible crime lead to the Jeuno Projects to form. At night the Mithra whores and Galka rape gangs roam the stone paths. Elvaan mobsters use and threaten Tarutarus to become their personal thief's and servants. Humes do a bit of what everyone else is doing. It has been said, the chocobo whistle sales man said person was no other than a kc smuggling, back stabbing, player stealing, ip hacking, account sharing, pathological compulsive sociopath liar, plain ruthless, no regard for taru life, and a Mithra cybering nympho. Also known as. Any personnel involved with FFERA besides a player.

From that point on, whenever a glimpse of a chocobo whistle is spotted its shunned down upon. If your caught with a Chocobo Whistle the Jeuno bells will ring violently in the wind. Guards will immediately use warp II and bring you to Aldo's back room. Hidden somewhere people say where Ninjas and Samurais do black market trade. The people who are warped are never heard of or seen from again, only rumors and tales are /tell upon.

The most common rumor is, those poor souls who get teleported are turned into Moogles by dark magic. Moogles who spend the rest of their days slaving inside a house. Making sure gear and loot are in order, rearranging merits, and reminding clueless adventurers how to use a staff instead of a sword. Yes.. its true, its the same moogles we all know and see everyday in our own very moghouse. You all now know the horrible truth of how we obtain all those moogles for every single player on era. Its all because of the fucking chocobo whistles, and the NPC Aldo who secretly uses dark magic to create Moogles.

The god damn chocobo whistles lead to mass slavery and suffering. HOW CAN THIS BE. HOW CAN WE COMPARE A CHOCOBO WHISTLE TO GENOCIDE?? This is how, because its real, its a fact, the very moogle thats inside your moghouse who you stare down its soul every time you open the door. Thats the evidence, thats the crime. Let it be known around nations across Vana'diel that all the Moogles you see are part of a conspiracy set fourth by the great chocobo whistle sales man.

Chapter II Preview: How and why did Aldo start using Dark Magic? Was witnessing his sisters demise to much and drive him into darkness?
Find out on the next episode of Final Fantasy Z

THE END :mrgreen:

Story aside and a real response. If there was some sort of pay to win scale, chocobo whistle's would be on the way bottom. And no you can't compare a pay to win scale to killing one person and killing a group of people. That's just really silly and completely different circumstances. Anyway.. for example, selling Kc's and setting a players job to lvl 75 instantly for x amount would be super high on the pay to win charts. I believe a lot of players would think selling chocobo whistle's would be super low on the pay to win charts and acceptable. If you do disagree, than ya know I tried. I even went out of my way to make up a really fun story to persuade you.

Castor
Donator
Donator

Post by Castor » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:28 am

U crazy ck

Death

Post by Death » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:35 pm

Jedi wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:42 pm
All right. Mithras, Tarus, and any other race come sit around by the fire. Old Ckay has a horror story to share with you all.

On a fullmoon darksday double fire weather night, a genocidest(I made that one up my self) mass murdering maniac started black marketing Chocobo Whistles in the back alleys of Jeuno. This unspeakable horrible crime lead to the Jeuno Projects to form. At night the Mithra whores and Galka rape gangs roam the stone paths. Elvaan mobsters use and threaten Tarutarus to become their personal thief's and servants. Humes do a bit of what everyone else is doing. It has been said, the chocobo whistle sales man said person was no other than a kc smuggling, back stabbing, player stealing, ip hacking, account sharing, pathological compulsive sociopath liar, plain ruthless, no regard for taru life, and a Mithra cybering nympho. Also known as. Any personnel involved with FFERA besides a player.

From that point on, whenever a glimpse of a chocobo whistle is spotted its shunned down upon. If your caught with a Chocobo Whistle the Jeuno bells will ring violently in the wind. Guards will immediately use warp II and bring you to Aldo's back room. Hidden somewhere people say where Ninjas and Samurais do black market trade. The people who are warped are never heard of or seen from again, only rumors and tales are /tell upon.

The most common rumor is, those poor souls who get teleported are turned into Moogles by dark magic. Moogles who spend the rest of their days slaving inside a house. Making sure gear and loot are in order, rearranging merits, and reminding clueless adventurers how to use a staff instead of a sword. Yes.. its true, its the same moogles we all know and see everyday in our own very moghouse. You all now know the horrible truth of how we obtain all those moogles for every single player on era. Its all because of the fucking chocobo whistles, and the NPC Aldo who secretly uses dark magic to create Moogles.

The god damn chocobo whistles lead to mass slavery and suffering. HOW CAN THIS BE. HOW CAN WE COMPARE A CHOCOBO WHISTLE TO GENOCIDE?? This is how, because its real, its a fact, the very moogle thats inside your moghouse who you stare down its soul every time you open the door. Thats the evidence, thats the crime. Let it be known around nations across Vana'diel that all the Moogles you see are part of a conspiracy set fourth by the great chocobo whistle sales man.

Chapter II Preview: How and why did Aldo start using Dark Magic? Was witnessing his sisters demise to much and drive him into darkness?
Find out on the next episode of Final Fantasy Z

THE END :mrgreen:

Story aside and a real response. If there was some sort of pay to win scale, chocobo whistle's would be on the way bottom. And no you can't compare a pay to win scale to killing one person and killing a group of people. That's just really silly and completely different circumstances. Anyway.. for example, selling Kc's and setting a players job to lvl 75 instantly for x amount would be super high on the pay to win charts. I believe a lot of players would think selling chocobo whistle's would be super low on the pay to win charts and acceptable. If you do disagree, than ya know I tried. I even went out of my way to make up a really fun story to persuade you.
This will be the best quote of all time, lol.