New player from Nasomi

You know....For things that are...General
Tibers

New player from Nasomi

Post by Tibers » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:05 pm

Hi all,

I'm a new player trying out something new.
Coming from Nasomi I am used to a number of limitations on jobs and before I get too deep on Era I wanted to ask a few questions, largely influenced by my Nasomi experience.

1) Are any jobs very different here vs retail 75 cap?
- on Nasomi BLU is not quite passable whereas on retail the "big 3" spells were damn good with headbutt being pretty consistent.

2) Are any spells or abilities removed?
- on Nasomi monomi, reprisal, etc are all locked away

3) How is mob to usage on Era? And strength?
- on Nasomi mobs tp very very often and some things like blockhead in the dunes is just accepted as a probable one-shot.
- so far (level 15) seems very reasonable

4) How are Dyna drop rates? If I wanted to only level rdm if I could get the relic hat, is that a reasonable approach?

5) Are mobs enfeeblement immunities close to retail? Like are CoP mammets sleepable?

6) Any other tips or guides or insights absolutely appreciated.
- So far I've found the footprints which will keep me in npc gear for a bit.
- I've found a moogle in the middle of the dunes who gave RR, and 1/tick hp/mp. Awesomeness

Disclaimer - not hating on Nasomi at all, I really enjoy it there. Just looking to make long term job decisions on some characters.

Logos

Re: New player from Nasomi

Post by Logos » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:37 pm

Hello Tibers and welcome to Era!

I also came from Nasomi several years ago and love the server here. I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.

1) Are any jobs very different here vs retail 75 cap?
Most jobs are pretty close to retail and are consistent with DSP. Check out the DSP github for more detailed information. BLU has most(maybe all) spells available.

2) Are any spells or abilities removed?
You have access to everything 75 cap that your job has access too. There are a few merits that don't work but most do.

3) How is mob to usage on Era? And strength?
Mobs seem to TP at around 1000 tp which seems to be consistent with DSP. Mob strength is pretty close to retail as far as I can see.

4) How are Dyna drop rates? If I wanted to only level rdm if I could get the relic hat, is that a reasonable approach?
Drop rates are reasonable. You can check the drop rates using the tool on the main website page after signing in. Bring a thf when you try to farm your relic gear. Additionally, a decently geared blm can solo farm dynamis zones for currency by one-shotting the statues. I highly recommend leveling blm and thf as well as whatever jobs you actually want to play. At 4x exp, it doesn't take too long.

5) Are mobs enfeeblement immunities close to retail? Like are CoP mammets sleepable?
Pretty close but some things are not exact. Mammets can be slept by light based sleeps I believe, not sure about Sleep, Sleepga, etc.

6) Any other tips or guides or insights absolutely appreciated.
Check out this page here for all of the custom content: viewforum.php?f=7
Check my post here about making gil: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=116

Tibers

Post by Tibers » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:55 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the information!

Logos

Post by Logos » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:56 pm

You're Welcome!

Feel free to hit me up with any questions. I'm Logos on the Era discord as well.

Enko

Post by Enko » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:24 am

One more thing, you can dual box up to 6 chars here.

Tibers

Post by Tibers » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:24 pm

I'm trying out the 6 box here. Running around with a taru army, rather under geared but having a blast!

A few more questions if I may:

1) I've heard there is a way to skip the grass requirements for the chocobo quest but couldn't find a way to do it. Any suggestions before I farm 6 characters worth of grass in meriphaud mountains?

2) can you do the 70 cap break for SCH on Era? Or do you have to do it on another non-toau non-wotg job first?

3) Any other cool tricks or nocs I should be aware of (I found the guidestone in lower jeuno and a friend found a gobbo who sells other interesting things)

Enko

Post by Enko » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:51 pm

Unfortunately you cant skip the grass for cocobo licence, you can feed every minute or so though so not too bad

Don't know about the BLU afraid as it's not one of mine >.<

Enjoy your army, it is a blast having them all go crazy isn't it lol

DIGEST the custom content area of the forums theres some great shit in there, free armour drops and special drops!

Shout me ingame (Enko/Enkoh/Nastygel/Nastyboi) if you need help or just to ask a general question.

Knowone
Admin/Dev
Admin/Dev

Post by Knowone » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:45 am

Blu atm is the only toau job you can do the cap fight on

Death

Post by Death » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:14 pm

Welcome