RDM Custom Relic Idea

You know....For things that are...General
Johnnyderp

Re: RDM Custom Relic Idea

Post by Johnnyderp » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:20 pm

I think this is a good idea.
RDM has access to excalibur but it's sad how situationally you may never use it even if you have it.
I have seen Hibiki go out of his way to use his.

In an attempt to suggest stats that are on par with other relics, but also considering the other gear options already available to RDM, I think this would be a good idea:

DMG/Delay: similar to excalibur, maybe lower because of Occ. Atk. Twice. Excalibur has DMG:49, Joyeuse has DMG:35, Joyeuse is augmentable up to DMG:55, Excalibur has extra damage proc... somewhere between maybe 50-55 is appropriate.
INT+10
MND+10
Magic Accuracy +20-30
Fast Cast +5-10%
refresh +1
Occ. Atk. Twice
Chatoyant Staff's 15% "Iridescense" - this is so that RDM can viably melee and cast spells without needing to wipe their TP every time they cast

I suggest this so that RDM can be played differently because of its relic like we see with some of the favorite relics people have.
I don't think it should take a 1000 line gearswap LUA in order to be able to play RDM in a more versatile way.
I think the magical effects of this sword should be very close to what the preexisting options give, maybe a little better, but the point is to make it so you never want to change weapons back to a stave. So you never wipe your TP.
I think this item should primarily change the game for solo melee RDMs.
I think it was a mistake to only give RDMs access to a relic with no magic stats on it.

Castor
Donator
Donator

Post by Castor » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:49 pm

I used to rdm solo just about everything. But that was back in the day when you could pop in any zone and grab moogle buffs then be on your way. It's not so simple anymore and with the constant casting you might as well dot kite like back in the early days of retail lol.

Katieparry

Post by Katieparry » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:26 pm

Playing devil's advocate here.

Does it really need a custom relic?

Combining Excal/Joyeuse and Chatoyant is a cheeser idea IMO.

Most jobs can choose one weapon or another - the bonus is a different type of stat or effect, a weaponskill etc... Samurai can't use Nana to get tp super fast with ikishoten 5/5 and swap to Amano for ACC or Kaiten/aftermath or Hagun for TP Bonus.

An enhancing based sword would be kinda cool - gives a nice bonus to enspell damage or buff potency etc - but the reality is it would swapped with Chatoyant where RDM TP use isn't a thing (forcing blinks everywhere ... Gross). This is pretty much true for every other suggestion here (refresh+, FC+ etc..)

Castor
Donator
Donator

Post by Castor » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:44 am

Blm smn whm sch blu *naming only mages* either have their own relic for a multitude of reasons customized combining or adding to their own native skills. Rdm is no different. That's what we are talking about. Excal is pretty sucky for rdm solo and swapping with chat then be lacking in certain areas where rdm is more of a main healer than whm in a great variety of situations.

kayrah
Donator
Donator

Post by kayrah » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:26 pm

Castor wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:44 am
Blm smn whm sch blu *naming only mages* either have their own relic for a multitude of reasons customized combining or adding to their own native skills. Rdm is no different. That's what we are talking about. Excal is pretty sucky for rdm solo and swapping with chat then be lacking in certain areas where rdm is more of a main healer than whm in a great variety of situations.
I'd like to note that these relics were made custom because the traditional relics (or lack thereof) have typically zero value for those jobs. Its a very valid argument that RDM should receive one as well. However, we need to keep in mind RDM's relative power level and that if a custom relic were too powerful it would cause some big issues. That said, here's what I think a custom RDM relic could look like.

one-handed sword
refresh +1
conserve mp +20
magic accuracy + 20
spell interrupt rate -40
MND/INT + 10
Occ. Attacks Twice

Just as RDM is a jack of all trades, as should their weapon. It serves as an idle piece (refresh), buffing piece (conserve mp/spell interrupt/MND+), debuffing piece (conserve mp/spell interrupt/INT+), a melee piece (occ. attacks), and lastly survivability (spell interrupt/conserve). It does these without removing the nuking/healing niche of chat staff, however it does eclipse alkalurops as the best weapon for debuff potency and seveneyes for buffing (not a HUGE deal IMO, it IS a relic after all).

Umbasa

Post by Umbasa » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:56 pm

can we get custom BST relic while we are at it? ;)