Era FFXI Installer Update 22nd November - For any path/drive

Install and more!
Enko

Era FFXI Installer Update 22nd November - For any path/drive

Post by Enko » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:33 am

Installer works for Era and Retail

New installer 22nd November The new installer works for any install location on any Drive (put desired path in path.txt)
Window 7 users will see 2 warnings which can be safely ignored as the pertain to Windows 10 only.

Don't attempt to run from a share, put the install on the local machine or it will not be able to find the files.

MAKE SURE you set the path to your current install in path.txt!
NOTE IF YOUR GAME LIVES AT "C:\Games\PlayOnline\SquareEnix" THEN YOUR PATH IS "C:\Games\PlayOnline"
Trouble Shooter for problem installs is directly below this post

WARNING - Some Anti Virus software may bork install, you may want to suspend while the installer runs

WITH UNINSTALLER CAN NOW UNINSTALL COMPLETELY BEFORE INSTALL

Full install including updates took 1 hour 15 minutes

Full install does'...

1. Checks for NetFramework 3.5 and installs if needed (Windows 10)
2. Checks for Directplay Legacy and installs if needed (Windows 10)
3. Checks for C++ Redistributables installs if needed
4. Checks for Net 4 and 4.5.2
5. Does Full Silent Install of FFXI Ultimate
6. Patches with the latest Patch update (includes September 2018 update)
7. Windower (although the files are included, windower is no longer automatically installed.) Grab the Windower 1 click installer in these forums
8. Installs Ashita (with desktop shortcut)
9. Xiloader (See 7 Above)
10. Pops POL Viewer update and copies data folder on close
11. removes 0.dat ready for FFXI update
12. Opens for final update, should take less than 30 mins
12a. Opens firewall for Ashita

INSTRUCTIONS
Set path in path.txt (eg c:\MYFFXI or d:\FFXI)
Right click "Install_with uninstall.cmd" and run as administrator
If FFXI is not installed use "install.cmd"

Use unistall cmd to completely uninstall / clean install

Full install (7 Gig)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_wAwQ ... gF8oyojKHe

Use this and go to Useful pictures for detailed picture guidance
https://discord.gg/f4y8hhq or video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbvE5de ... e=youtu.be

Enko
Last edited by Enko on Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 94 times in total.

Enko

Re: Era FFXI Installation problems

Post by Enko » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:45 pm

Trouble shooting...
If your install is not finding pol or FFXI then

1. Run this in a cmd box -- REG QUERY HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\PlayOnlineUS\InstallFolder This is info for your install
For 32 bit systems the path is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\InstallFolder
1a For Nasomi install -- REG QUERY HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\PlayNasomiUS\InstallFolder This is info for your Nasomi install
For 32 bit systems the path is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayNasomiUS\InstallFolder
registry entries.PNG
registry entries.PNG (19.13 KiB) Viewed 487 times
2. Go to the install path and delete all POL/FFXI Folders
3. Delete all the playonline registry entries shown below (if ex Nasomi they will be PlayNasomi instead of PlayOnline)
regedit.PNG
regedit.PNG (45.24 KiB) Viewed 487 times
4. Set your path in path.txt and run install with uninstaller, in the instance above the path is D:\Games\FFXI Game
Ignore below this line, fkn forums don't process images properly
Attachments
registry entries.PNG
registry entries.PNG (19.13 KiB) Viewed 489 times
regedit.PNG
regedit.PNG (45.24 KiB) Viewed 489 times
Last edited by Enko on Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:26 am, edited 30 times in total.

Kouricko

Re: Era FFXI Installers

Post by Kouricko » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:08 am

Thanks for the full install :)

I have an issue not mentioned in any of the install guides from what I can see.

The thing is Xiloader is being successful in connection but a Windower setup dialogue appearing when Xi Loader is sending ID.
After WindowerStartup.JPG
After WindowerStartup.JPG (73.31 KiB) Viewed 1692 times
I can't find information on this bug/my human error and I have followed the install guide and also compared it to other install guides here to make sure everything is in order.

Many thanks if anyone is able to assist.
Attachments
After FFXI Check.JPG
After FFXI Check.JPG (20.53 KiB) Viewed 1692 times

Knowone
Admin/Dev
Admin/Dev

Post by Knowone » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:40 pm

Try manually updating the client again
Open ffxi ad rom folder delete 0.dat then goto playonline and double click pol and do file check on ffxi again

Enko

Post by Enko » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:47 am

Go into control panel and uninstall "playonline viewer and tetra master" then re run the installer. go through let pol viewer install and update, then update game when asked.

Kouricko

Post by Kouricko » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:57 am

(Okay so I found some time to do this before the weekend heh)

I still get the Windower closing then running an install for Windower that freezes, I have noticed that you have made some changes to this original post.

I will wipe fresh and attempt this new install. I am guessing that there was an issue with Windower and now Ashita is being used?

I did also notice one install guide from Knowone says to delete the 0.DAT from ROM\0 and the summary above states the install removes 1.DAT - I don't know if that is something you guys were aware of.

Enko

Re: Era FFXI Installers (update 19th October)

Post by Enko » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:29 am

If you uninstall POL it will work fine. The install will delete 0.dat for you, should be 1 click really til you get to POL update.
The 1.dat was a typo, but it wouldn't make any difference, its just removing a file to force update.
Ashita was added because I don't use Windower, so couldn't help people if they had issues.

Enko

Kouricko

Post by Kouricko » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:58 am

Many thanks for your patience with this. Okay on the .DAT file explanation, makes sense.

With your previous installer I did the uninstall POL to attempt the fix, yet had same problem. Now though Ashita and Windower both prompt their own setup dialogue when using either on "Sending ID".

I am aware this would be a hassle for you and I apologize, could I request a baby step walk through for precision and a 0% chance of my human error?
I'm fairly confident I followed all directions the last 2 times I installed, even when reinstalling POL, following the manual guide to copy data folder to FF11 and Delete .DAT file for update.

So I must be being an idiot in another way. Apologies for any facepalms after reading below.

I have just uninstalled POL as instructed. Fresh October 19th install.
  • >"If you uninstall POL it will work fine."< - I guess I am not taking you literally and should reinstall POL afterward.
  • Do I use the install.cmd again or locate the POL setup within the setup folder structure and use that to reinstall POL? - manually deleting .dat, updating, copying data folder to FF11 data? (I don't want to overwrite FF11 files with the install.cmd and do another FF11 download update if I can help it - takes about 4 hours to repair)
  • Checking FF11 files from within POL viewer stage: I am supposed to initiate a Repair right? I ask because it just says Check the files in the guides and DOS prompts comments but never "Click Repair" or "Don't Click Repair"
One possibility in my mind was maybe I am hitting "Repair" and undoing any patching you guys did and I am only supposed to "check" them and exit immediately. Another thing that makes me think this is that the October 19th Install estimated time is 1 Hour 15 minutes and it takes me 4 hours to do a repair. Is this where I am going wrong? If so, kill me.

My sanity is being impacted here, I've installed other programs with tricky installs much more complicated than this - feel like I'm going insane haha.

So yeah if anyone is up for an extremely patronizing and embarrassing breakdown of the POL reinstall (hurts even to type that) I would greatly appreciate it, I've swallowed my ego so, go for it (-_-;).

To save spamming this thread I am open to emails at your request. Or Private Messages on here.

Thanks and sorry, ugh.

Enko

Post by Enko » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:32 pm

Sorry bro, lets work through this.

Ok, first uninstall Playonline viewer in control panel

Then run the installer (install.cmd) as administrator
Then theres a stage where Playonline Viewer starts and offers to update, do that
When it says version update complete, click ok then it will say preparing to restart the player, click next
then this
4.PNG
4.PNG (122.22 KiB) Viewed 1573 times
Fill in 1234 in name, ID and password
5.PNG
5.PNG (114.34 KiB) Viewed 1573 times
Then click log in, left hand side click Check Files, if a please wait while windows configures Final Fantasy pops up, Hit cancel it will carry on
7.PNG
7.PNG (182.99 KiB) Viewed 1573 times
In check files, theres a dropdown, choose Final Fantasy
It will find problems choose file repair
When it is done choose exit viewer
That should be good to go.
Any problems hit me up in Discord (Enko)

Kouricko

Re: Era FFXI Installer FOR DEFAULT INSTALL LOCATION (update 28th October)

Post by Kouricko » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:40 am

Hey brilliant I will try this. Works got a bit busier so there maybe a delay.

I didn't expect to get a reply as I knew I was being cheeky. On first glance the steps are that which I have already tried by myself BUT I will do it again to be certain.

Regardless of if it works, thank you so much for the time you have spent helping me, restored my faith in humanity slightly.

Kind regards,