Playing both retail and Era at the same time?

Install and more!
Sethidus

Playing both retail and Era at the same time?

Post by Sethidus » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:42 am

So I've never played in Era before and I wanted to play but I don't want to ruin my retail client installation. Is there any method for swapping between the two? From what I googled a year ago I remember something about needing to install both and keep the unplayed client's POL folder as some other name, and then to create a .bat file in order to auto-swap registry keys depending on if you which client you want to play. So to play just rename the client you want's POL folder as "pol" and then swap the registry keys. Is it the same for this? Anyone have a link to a guide perhaps? The forums seem sparse so I'm sorry if I missed some kind of FAQ or thread related to this. Thanks.

Knowone

Re: Playing both retail and Era at the same time?

Post by Knowone » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:51 pm

you have to edit your windower setting xml as you see in the install video. and copy data seaction from pol to ffxi dir. then add xiloader to your pol dir. will not interfer with retail play

Mathantolous
Donator
Donator

Re: Playing both retail and Era at the same time?

Post by Mathantolous » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:30 pm

I occasionally get on retail for the welcome home free periods, this is from the settings.xml in the windower folder I never watched the video I just looked for the other hooks for the settings and found <executable>path to it</executable> was viable.
<profile name="ERA">
<consolekey>Insert</consolekey>
<width>1920</width>
<height>1080</height>
<uiscale>1</uiscale>
<supersampling>2</supersampling>
<executable>C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\era.exe</executable>
</profile>
<profile name="Retail">
<width>1920</width>
<height>1080</height>
<uiscale>1</uiscale>
<supersampling>2</supersampling>
</profile>
<profile name="Windowed Small">
<width>1280</width>
<height>768</height>