Gearswap Workshop

Install and more!
kayrah
Donator
Donator

Gearswap Workshop

Post by kayrah » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:59 pm

Figured I'd open this thread up.

This thread is for discussion and support of any topic regarding the "Gearswap" Windower 4 addon.

Feel free to post:
  1. Questions regarding implementation of Gearswap files
  2. Issues with files
  3. Known bugs/fixes that you come across
  4. Files/implementations that you are proud of and want to share
KNOWN ISSUES/FIXES:
  1. Does not swap back into appropriate set after casting certain spells (most notoriously Tier 4 Elemental Magic and Absorb* spells)
    • This is due to the values for spell cast times changing when adoulin dropped. We use the old values, so we need to update the file /Windower4/res/spells.lua. Here's a link to my version which has all the fixes I've done thusfar: https://github.com/nlitwino/Windower4/b ... spells.lua
  2. Tries to autocorrect Waltzes to Waltzes that the player does not have available.
    • This issue only happens when players leverage Motenten's libraries (Mote-Include). This can be fixed by:
      • Going into /Windower4/addons/GearSwap/libs/Mote-Utility.lua and commenting out (--) lines 140~261.
      • Going into /Windower4/addons/GearSwap/libs/Mote-Globals.lua and commenting out (--) line 92.
      • NOTE: The above fix will remove Gearswap's ability to overwrite waltzes ALTOGETHER.
Last edited by kayrah on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mathantolous
Donator
Donator

Re: Gearswap Workshop

Post by Mathantolous » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:39 pm

I did this for just elemental spells as I was having issues with gear not updating correctly and it really does make a huge difference for the proper timing of pre/mid/post catches, I see it the most in elemental magic. Thank you for sharing.

kayrah
Donator
Donator

Post by kayrah » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:58 pm

Mathantolous wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:39 pm
I did this for just elemental spells as I was having issues with gear not updating correctly and it really does make a huge difference for the proper timing of pre/mid/post catches, I see it the most in elemental magic. Thank you for sharing.
Great to hear! Its such a painful issue especially when you're on DRK or something and it doesn't swap back into your TP set. "Why am I attacking so SLOW!?" If you find any other spells that aren't accounted for in my list, please reach out so I can update the linked version.

Mathantolous
Donator
Donator

Post by Mathantolous » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:51 pm

I have not found any other category of spells that were changed by SE enough to need changed like this. The spot checks I ran on healing/enhancing all seemed to match. My BLU is not 75 so I have not checked into it either.

Teapot

Post by Teapot » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:18 pm

Hey, decided to dive back into ERA for a bit after a lengthy break, but I am having issues with Gearswap.

I keep getting the following error when loading in Gearswap:
"Gearswap: Lua runtime error: gearswap/packet_parsing.lua:254: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

For what it's worth, I have not edited this file and have since made sure it is the most up to date available, all to no avail.
Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Mathantolous
Donator
Donator

Post by Mathantolous » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:45 pm

were you on a job that you had a lua setup for?
sadly there are many oddities as the addon was designed for retail 99 cap

Teapot

Post by Teapot » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:37 pm

Indeed, I was.

I was using the Kyrah's Lua's as a base - just switching out equipment, without editing anything else.

Teapot

Post by Teapot » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:01 pm

Still been unable to remedy this issue and my very limited grasp of lua (or code in general) makes me think I never will.
Does anybody have a fully functioning gearswap library that they are willing to share with me?

Katieparry

Post by Katieparry » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:55 pm

Hey Teapot.

You usually see this when trying to index a field on something that isn't a table, or nil. It's hard to say but maybe the job.lua is calling something from kayras include and you haven't downloaded it?

Which jobs file are you playing with?

Mathantolous
Donator
Donator

Post by Mathantolous » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:53 pm

Is it just once or do you get than constantly. I get a strange error every time I enter Dynamis Jeuno. It does not seem to effect anything but its there every time.