Playing Era after Nasomi

Install and more!
Enko

Playing Era after Nasomi

Post by Enko » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:29 am

Hi Gang,

Have spent a few days on this one. Main problem is that the Nasomi install isn't. It simply copies an existing install and mods the registry to have it run. He then uses a custom boot (pol) .exe to always go to Nasomi

Bad news is, because there is no official install, the only way to run Era (without a shit load of changes) is use the Nasomi uninstaller and run the Era installer https://ffera.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=122

I tried this on numerous occasions and it works first time for me.

Enko

Pelu

Re: Playing Era after Nasomi

Post by Pelu » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:29 pm

I am currently in the process of switching from Nasomi to Era. Are you saying I need to first uninstall Nasomi, then run the Era full installer? I don't want to mess this up.

Thanks,

Enko

Post by Enko » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:58 pm

Afraid so buddy, the Nasomi install is actually just a copy from a machine with registry patches to make it work, So you cant even uninstall from control panel.

raz334

Post by raz334 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:39 am

i can't find any uninstaller for nasomi, and the installer link is broken.. What did you guys do?

raz334

Post by raz334 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:46 am

nvrmind... go here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=156

raz334

Post by raz334 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:49 am

So got to love this forums rules about new ppl posting, its just not a good idea if your going to rely on the forums for new players to get whats needed to get connected and play....

Anyway, for anyone else looking to switch from Nasomi to Era, the link i gave above didn't help either. At this point im reinstalling Nasomi and if im lucky finding a way to uninstall it properly. Then MAYBE , i can get going... and on my slow internet connection there went my day...

(at least nasmoi has a friendly installer they maintain, multiple methods here..)

raz334

Post by raz334 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:25 am

Great News ! .. got it working,,

Basically if you wind up like i did with a missing nasomi uninstaller. Reinstall the program and uninstall it without starting the app or rebooting your pc.

Then install FFXI from the website, and follow the instructions for the other methods.. and good luck there where a number of troubleshooting issues i encountered along the way... i'd write about them but im not sure the methods i used would work for everyone.