Key Broadcasting Walkthrough for Ashita

Install and more!
Refuge
Donator
Donator

Key Broadcasting Walkthrough for Ashita

Post by Refuge » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:56 pm

Eyyyyy, it's your boy, Refuge. I know we've got some boxing enthusiasts here at Era, and I want to give back to the community. So let me give you multi-boxers out there a large QoL upgrade. Interacting with telepoints and NPCs are the two biggest downsides to multi-boxing many characters at once and are a major source of fatigue. I am here to deliver the very thing you've been wanting in your FFXI boxing career: key broadcasting.

We're going to need to make five simple scripts and to modify your default.txt file (or whatever filename ashita uses to load your addons and plugins). All file names and titles are what I use, feel free to amend as you see fit.

1. Make a new text file in your scripts folder:

t.txt (name it whatever you want, mine is t.txt) - inside should have the following:
/ms send /target [t]
2. Make another new text file in your scripts folder:

tele.txt (name it whatever you want, mine is tele.txt) - inside should have the following:
/ms sendto Character1 /sendkey return down
/wait .1
/ms sendto Character1 /sendkey return up
/wait 1
/ms sendto Character2 /sendkey return down
/wait .1
/ms sendto Character2 /sendkey return up
/wait 1
/ms sendto Character3 /sendkey return down
/wait .1
/ms sendto Character3 /sendkey return up
/wait 1
/ms sendto Character4 /sendkey return down
/wait .1
/ms sendto Character4 /sendkey return up
/wait 2
/ms sendto Character5 /sendkey return down
/wait .1
/ms sendto Character5 /sendkey return up
It's very important that you don't try to have all the characters interact with the telepoint at the same time, so don't think this is extremely bulky - they will fail and at best one will actually interract with the crystal if you just do "/ms send /sendkey ...."

3. Make another new text file in your scripts folder:

enter.txt ( .. you get the drift) - inside should have the following:
/ms send /sendkey return down
/wait .1
/ms send /sendkey return up
4. Make another new text file in your scripts folder:

up.txt - inside should have the following:
/ms send /sendkey up down
/wait .1
/ms send /sendkey up up
5. Make another new text file in your scripts folder:

down.txt - inside should have the following:
/ms send /sendkey down down
/wait .1
/ms send /sendkey down up
6. Now we modify our default.txt (or whatever file you use to load your addons and plugins) to create the keybinds we need to broadcast these keys to our characters, inside default.txt put the following:
/bind +down down /exec down
/bind +up down /exec up
/bind +return down /exec enter
/bind +t down /exec t
/bind +r down /exec tele
The plus sign (+) is the modifier for the SHIFT key, ^ is CTRL, ! is ALT) If you changed the name of your scripts above, make sure this is reflected in your /bind.

Here's how we use it, with your main character you walk up to a telepoint, target it, hit SHIFT + T (all characters will assist you, thereby targetting the telepoint), then hit SHIFT + R (all characters will, one after another with a small delay, interact with the telepoint). Holding shift you then press the up, down, or enter key to select where you want to go. This works for NPCs and accepting quest dialogues as well, interacting with basically anything in game.

DISCLAIMER: There is, for some reason unknown to me, a problem with the main character receiving the key broadcast itself, so sometimes it'll miss a keypress while navigating menus - there are a few things you can do to mitigate this. The easiest is for you to just release shift and catch up by hitting the missed button again (that's what I do). I'm sure there is a fix for the missed key broadcast, but it's pretty easy to manage the problem once you get the hang of it. If anyone can improve on any functionality here listed, feel free to post below and I'll add it.

Enjoy!

tud24301

Re: Key Broadcasting Walkthrough for Ashita

Post by tud24301 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:27 am

All Hail Ref, nicely written!

Volkaru

Post by Volkaru » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:45 pm

Hello! Thank you for writing this guide. However, I can't seem to get this to work with windower. I'm not sure of which syntax I need to make it usable there. If you could please PM me or find me on the FFERA Discord to talk about it, it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Enko

Post by Enko » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:54 am

This is a Fkn Lifesaver Ref. Thank you Man!

Enko

Post by Enko » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:28 pm

I actually used ! for alt as I couldn't type Capital T lol