FFXI Not Loading after xiloader?

Ask your fellow players for assistance in troubleshooting technical & other issues. *THIS IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR TICKETS*
jadeam

FFXI Not Loading after xiloader?

Post by jadeam » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:42 am

Hi all,

I am having trouble getting FFXI to run with the ERA server. After starting with Windower or Ashita, and entering login info on xiloader, it looks like connects and seems to try and load FFXI, but nothing comes up after it closes. Below is the last thing I see before anything happens. Could someone point in the right direction to see what I need to do? I have tried going through both Windower and Ashita, and get the same result. I have gotten FFXI to load in the past both for retail and Nasomi, so I think it may have something to do with xiloader? Running on a Windows 10 machine if that helps. Let me know what other relevant information I can supply to help get this fixed. Thank you!
Attachments
Error.png
Error.png (17.86 KiB) Viewed 772 times

SpoonMan

Re: FFXI Not Loading after xiloader?

Post by SpoonMan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:45 am

makes sure your <args> is set to connect to ffera.com

make sure your other profile settings (especially window resolution, especially in windowed mode) are set to match your actual ffxiconfig settings. You may have to input this manually into your settings.xml

keep in mind that the login server resets every hour on the hour, so if you are trying to login then you may run into issues. you are having further issues connecting and all of the above has been resolved, then check to make sure the login/lobby server isnt down for some reason. easiest way to check this is via the website or just hop on discord and ask.

mikeonffxi
Donator
Donator

Post by mikeonffxi » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:34 pm

Try doing a file check from within playonline, I had this exact problem on another server before, and the file check fixed it right up

jadeam

Post by jadeam » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:48 pm

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Got it resolved by doing a clean install of everything.