Crafting Tiers and HQ %'s on ERA

anochrite

Crafting Tiers and HQ %'s on ERA

Post by anochrite » Mon May 28, 2018 8:00 am

Forgive my rush to complete this guide and not taking the time to make it easier on the eyes, but I have been putting this off for too long. About a year and a half ago Sistern went in and changed crafting as we had known it prior to then, and for the better IMO. This is a work in progress, but at the very least after reading this guide you will know the crafting tiers and their associated HQ %'s along with the bonus and penalty phase according to day and moon phase.

We use 4 Tiers now on era. In order to determine what tier you are crafting at you must first take your level in the main craft you are attempting (woodworking, smithing, etc...) and apply bonuses / penalties to it according to moon phase, days element, and any bonus you have from gear and/or guild support. Then you compare this level to the level of the craft you are attempting, in order to determine what Tier you are crafting at.

The 4 Tiers of Crafting:
  • Tier 0 is when your crafting level is less than 11 greater than the level of the craft you are attempting.
  • Tier 1 is when your crafting level is equal to or greater than 11 above the craft you are attempting but less than 31 above the craft's level.
  • Tier 2 is when your crafting level is equal to or greater than 31 above the craft you are attempting but less than 51 above the craft's level.
  • Tier 3 is when your crafting level is equal to or greater than 51 above the craft you are attempting but less than 81 above the craft's level.
  • Tier 4 is when your crafting level is equal to or greater than 81 above the craft you are attempting.
What affects your crafting level:
Crafting Gear, you can get up to +2 by wearing both pieces of crafting gear associated with the craft you are attempting.
Guild Support (Advanced), in each guild there is 1 NPC offering advanced guild support for a small fee which gives +3 to your crafting level.
Moon, full moon gives you +1 to your crafting skill at the cost of a penalty to your HQ% (more on that later); new moon gives a -1 penalty to
you skill level but also adds a bonus to your HQ%
Day, except for Dark Crystal Synths, if you craft on Lightsday or the same element day as the crystal you are using, you get a +1 to your
crafting level at a cost on a penalty to your HQ% (again, more on that later). Dark crystal synths only get this crafting level bonus on Darksday
If you craft on Darksday or the element day that your crystal's element is weak to skill is modified by -1, but adds a bonus to HQ% (for dark crystal synths this happens on Lightsday).

Base HQ%'s for the Tiers:
  • Tier 0 has a base HQ% of 3.5%
  • Tier 1 has a base HQ% of 12%
  • Tier 2 has a base HQ% of 35%
  • Tier 3 has a base HQ% of 50%
  • Tier 4 has a base HQ% of 75%

What affects your HQ%'s (apply bonus / penalty to your Tiers base HQ%):

Full Moon is a -33% penalty to your HQ%
New moon is a +33% bonus to your HQ%
Lightsday and the same element day as the crystal you are using is a -33% penatly to your HQ%
Darksday and the element day your crystal is weak to is a +33% bonus to your HQ%

Now for direction
Facing HQ direction does not add HQ chance, I can't stress this enough. But one thing facing HQ direction does do, is it takes .5 away from your
crafting level, so on borderline synths it can potentially screw you over on your tier. Do us all a favor and always face NQ direction, the only
time HQ direction is going to do anything for you is when you are skilling up a craft, and this is not a crafting skill-up guide. Facing NQ
directiong adds .5 to your skill but i believe this server rounds down so there is no way to boost your crafting level using direction, still I
highly recommend you always face NQ direction, I've made a ton of the most coveted gear in the game and done it all facing NQ direction.

HQ% does cap on this server
. The highest HQ% that can be reached is 80%, which is only reached when doing tier 4 crafts with a bonus, or tier 3 with a double bonus.

HQ1, HQ2, HQ3. If you do HQ, and you are doing a craft where there is a difference whether you hit hq1, 2, or 3 (foods or jewels are most common), RNG comes into play. Now I know for sure that HQ3 is a 1 in 15 shot, I think hq2 is a 4 in 15 shot, and hq 1 is a 10 in 15 shot. Only one I'm absolutely sure of is HQ3 being 1 in 15. Nothing affects this but RNG, you are not more likely to hit HQ3 during new moon than you are during neutral moon for example. Moon and day affects whether you HQ or not, but when it comes to what level of HQ you hit it's 100% RNG, although if you are crafting with a bonus to your HQ it will give you more shots at hitting the HQ3. Again this is mostly only relevant during food crafting and making jewels, although there are other times it also plays a roll (Darksteel Chain, Platinum Chain, Orichalcum Chain come to mind).

Now that is the basics, I could go in to more detail to point out some of the conclusing I've reached, and I will do some but most will have to wait for another day (work in progress). So you are crafting a level 96 crafting you could Tier 1 it on full moon lightsday with a double penalty or you could Tier 0 it on new moon darksday, want to know what to do? Well first let me show you how I plug the base HQ% into a calculator to determine the end HQ%. Tier 1 (12%) on fulll moon (-33%) lightsday (another -33%) I put into my calculator as: (12 *2/3)2/3 and get 5.33%. Tier 0 (3.5%) on new moon (+33%) darksday (+33%) I put into calculator as: (3.5*4/3)4/3 and get 6.22%. Now if you didn't understand the last 2 sentences fear not there are other ways to calculate it out, this just happens to be the way I best understand it, also the parenthesis aren't necessary it just helps me to seperate the 2 seperate bonuses / penalties (moon and day). The point is that it is better to t0 on new moon darksday than it is to t1 on full moon lightsday, but the difference is very small. In my time crafting I have found many unique intricacies such as this and hopefully over time I'll be able to add to this topic and share with our community. Another exampe is lvl 95 craft, you can tier 0 on new moon darksday for the 6.22% or you can tier 1 on neutral moon lightsday / same element day as crystal you are using for: 12% * 2/3 for 8% HQ rate. So if you are doing a level 95 synth (Cerberus Mantle+1 or Shair / Shiekh Mantell come to mind) you are better off doing it on neutral moon lightsday than you are on new moon darksday. Of course you can also use Full moon neutral day to acheive the same 8% HQ rate result, whatever works best for you.

Now I know my skills at making this presentable are lacking, so if anyone out there wants to take this information and make it much more presentable or even easier to understand I'll gladly defer to your crafting guide. I just wanted to be sure this information was here so that other money hungry crafters like myself could consult it.
Last edited by anochrite on Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:05 am, edited 9 times in total.

anochrite

Re: Crafting Tiers and HQ %'s on ERA

Post by anochrite » Wed May 30, 2018 5:41 am

I'm going to be adding tips and observations to this as time goes along. Also I've already discovered a couple things I had left out. Thank you Cormag for your assistance, I had left 2 very big things out and if you hadn't told me no telling how long it would have been before I had discovered. Also if anyone sees anything they think is off, incorrect, or just difficult to understand contact me in game so I can address the situation. Now I have a lot more info I want to put in here, but don't have the time yet to add them. One thing I would like to mention is that when moon phase is really close to full moon or new moon, but not actually all the way there yet, crafting results can be wonky. There is a reason for this, but I must confess I don't yet fully understand it, but as a word of caution, if you are doing a borderline synth (one wear just 1 skill level separates it from being in a different tier) and it is close to Full / New moon, your results may be off. First thing that comes to mind is making HQ ele staves not long after new moon is over, being a lvl 75 synth you need a +1 skill bonus to reach tier 2. I tend to do neutral moon windsday (as its wind crystal) but neutral moon lightsday also works, or full moon neutral day. Now when I've attempted this and new moon recently ended, I've gotten terrible results, this is probably the moon % knocking me down a tier, I don't yet full understand this but there is a formula that was pulled from the code that helps put this into perspective, once I find where I have it recorded I will post it. As a word to the wise if you are doing one of these borderline synths that you need a neutral moon for it's best to do these as close to 50% moon phase as possible. Some notable crafts this affects are Shair / Shiekh Manteel, Cerberus Mantle+1, and elemental staves.

Logos

Post by Logos » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:52 pm

This is a great and super informative post that's been needed for awhile. Glad the custom HQ tiers got straightened out!

Thanks Ano!

Mbuster
Donator
Donator

Post by Mbuster » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:30 pm

This is an awesome guide. There was a lot about crafting I never understood and this clears it up nicely. I may actually level a craft now.

Enko

Post by Enko » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:03 pm

Top notch Ano A++